Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Maybe I can do this...

So it's Sunday night. Last Sunday I posted. Maybe I can do Sunday posts, kind of like calling home, but only blogging instead. I like that. Maybe I'll try.

I've had a shock this week. I was sitting down with my CPE group to parcel out the on-call dates for the next two months. As I was perusing my calendar, I realized that my graduation wasn't on the calendar (what graduation, you may very well ask. Hold on and I'll tell you). I looked up the date and just about fell out of my chair. My seminary graduation is happening on May 17th, less than a month away. I promptly began freaking out attending to important matters, such as my exit interview for my student loans. Now I'm freaking out even more determined more than ever to get a job.

Speaking of jobs, I had a lovely conversation with my new bishop in Northwest Washington. He was very nice and said he'd start the process of helping me find a job. Of course, it could be a very long wait. But it's starting. If you are the praying type, I wouldn't mind a prayer or two about this.

In knitting, I'm working on Rachel's wedding shawl. And I went to a sale at a JoAnn's and picked up some dishcloth yarn. But I don't post pics of dishcloths unless they're super-fancy and this one is just your standard diagonal dishcloth- perfectly suitable for washing dishes, not so thrilling that they get their own spot on the "internets".

It's going to be a busy week, with 2 on-calls. So I had better get some other work done and go to sleep already. Like many, I've been having allergies, so my sinuses have been interfering with my sleep. I hope it gets better soon.

Back next Sunday, I hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger meg said...

Congratulations on your impending graduation! It must feel good to have that accomplishment on the horizon.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 7:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home