Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Knitting and the World Series

I've been working on the reversible cabled afghan when I've been home, but lately, with the World Series, I haven't been home (because we don't have a tv). So, instead, I've been working on my black socks. I think the knitting of socks encourages the mojo of the Sox.

I finally decided to knit the black socks in a fairly simple pattern. I was going to learn a new pattern for the toe from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. Instead, in the first sock, I knit a french toe. Then I decided I didn't like it. So on the second sock, I did a flat toe and am now reknitting the toe of the first sock. As you can tell, I'm almost done. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

In non-knitting news I've been a very faithful Red Sox fan. Last night was almost embarassing when the pitcher for the Rockies walked 3 Sox in to make the score 13-1. I felt like we should have given those last 3 back. But they're ours now. And we'll need them, I think, as we head to Colorado.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home