Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Friday, April 27, 2007

New knitting books

My birthday is in the beginning of April. And yet, it is the holiday that just keeps on giving.
This week I received a package from my mother-in-law, via Amazon. It contained 2 books- Vogue Knitting and Knitting Rules! by the Yarn Harlot. Now, I have long coveted Vogue Knitting- simply because I needed some basics all in one place. Plus it as a bunch of ways to do things- like 7 different ways to cast on. And it's all clear. I'm pretty excited. I've already been learning things.

The second book was the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Rules!. I read it a while ago, but had borrowed someone else's copy through bookcrossing. It's pretty funny, but it also has lots of good tips for knitting, such as ratios for hats, socks, etc. so you can make up your own patterns.

In Finished Objects News, I have cast on and cast off a pair of beautiful socks. Last week, I stopped into my LYS to replace a dpn that had broken. When I left, I was carrying 2 skeins of credenza (I think that's what it's called). It was gorgeous. 100% merino, in stunning colors. I cast on on a Wednesday. I was done with the socks on Sunday. I know that seems slow to most of you, but for me, that's great. I don't usually have that much time to knit.

I'm also a sock and a half into my first item for Dulaan. Hats next? I'm not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home