Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Total Knitting Time?

This morning, my partner packed the car and zipped off to Grayling, Michigan to fish the Au Sable river. He loves to fly fish, and he's been dreaming of this trip almost constantly since last Fall. I hope he has a great time and that it doesn't rain too hard.

Back at the ranch...
I have church council tonight. And staff meeting tomorrow. And text study today. And intern committee tomorrow night. And tonight, after council, I may have some extra time to myself. (Although, if it goes too late, I may just read and then go to sleep. We'll see.)

All of these meetings, which total about 7 or 8 hours in the next 48, means that I have some wicked good knitting time ahead of me. That is, assuming that my thumb problem eases up.

Last week, I did some seriously good knitting, cranking out some fo's like nobody's business. My right thumb was a bit sore, but I didn't think much of it because sometimes your fingers get sore when knitting for extended periods of time.

But the soreness hasn't really gone away. It has eased, but it is not all gone. I'm a bit afraid that if I knit long and hard today and tomorrow that I will damage the thumb more.

I am a continental style knitter, so if there are any tips about how to relieve that affliction, I'd welcome them.

In the meantime, I'll be casting on for some thick and warm wool socks for Dulaan. That and working on the "first sweater".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home