Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

I've got angel wings



Pattern: Seraphim Shawl, from Miriam Felton.
Yarn: The yarn came from Holy Threads in Spokane, Washington. It is an undyed merino wool in a cream color, and I used about 800-900 yards.
Needles: Addi Turbos US 5
Finished dimensions: 80" across the top, 40" edge to tip.

I finally downloaded the pattern in Eugene, Oregon and began knitting the shawl on my wedding anniversary, August 22nd, 2007. I finished blocking the shawl on September 22nd, 2007.

This shawl will go to my friend Karen who is marrying my college friend and classmate Alex on October 13th of this year in Door County, Wisconsin. We can't wait for the wedding.

Here is a detail of the shawl:
I'll post pictures of the bride wearing the shawl after the wedding.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abs- It is gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see it (& you!!) oh so soon!

Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:17:00 PM  
Blogger k-bomb said...

WOW! That is amazing! You're so cool.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home