Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Cold weather=sweater desire

Yesterday was downright chilly. I never checked the temperature, but I could feel the need for a light sweater. The organist at church was wearing her mother's handknit shawl, which was beautiful, and that reminded me that I have a shawl that was given to me my Will's mother. It had been her mother's, but no one else was likely to actually use this shawl. It is made of acrylic and has a couple missed stitches. I actually take comfort in that. It means that Will comes from non-perfectionist relatives, and this is a good thing.

It was cold last night in the house, enough that it was great to snuggle under our down comforter. Today, the cold air that remains is making me itch to cast on a sweater. I keep thinking of that cone of cashmere in my stash. But I have promised myself to reknit my purple sweater, which is more for Fall and Spring. What is keeping me from that is that I have to knit up 5 swatches for a class on seams and finishing techniques at my LYS this Saturday. I don't know what's going to come up between now and then, so I've been knitting the swatches sooner rather than later. But knitting stockinette like this is hardly captivating. At least the yarn is a pretty light green wool. I'll be unraveling those swatches after the class and knitting up a little felted something with this skein, I'm thinking.

I found a great knitting blog this morning. Nurinkurin is a Finnish knitblog. I just LOVE how Anna takes risks with her knitting. She's quite bold. Her blog is good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home