Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sock Wars have begun, en guarde!

My pointy sticks are out and the wool is flying fast! Beware, Sock Wars have begun!

With some minor glitches at the beginning of Sock Wars, I have finally obtained the pattern (that actually happened yesterday, but hey, I've been knitting).
I am knitting for a person named Henke.

Most of you will know that I am a fairly well traveled person. You might also recall my interest in linguistics. Imagine my surprise when I saw the name and realized that I cannot figure out if my target is male or female.

Using my training in linguisitics, I have guessed that Henke of German origin.

And I am guessing that Henke is a woman.

But I could be very wrong.

Why does this concern me?
Well, I am getting to the end of the foot of the first sock, at which point I must decrease. I do not want to decrease too soon and have too small a sock. Yet, I do not want to go with a sock that will be too big either. I need a definitive answer, and soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home