Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Loopy Yarns saves the day!

So remember that alpaca fingering weight I got in Chicago back in April? I had thought I would knit it up into luxurious socks. I even started on them and got as far as the heel on the Zokni pattern. It was pretty, but I couldn't motivate myself to knit on them. So I frogged the sock and started my first shawl at the end of May. It's the Kiri shawl from All Tangled Up, and I love it. I knit on it at a retreat. I knit on it at home. I knit on it in the plane to and from El Salvador and at the Habitat work site. People were fascinated by the lace, and I had a pretty good time knitting.

Well, now I'm home, and I'm also on the homestretch of the shawl. I'm in the middle of the edging. And I just ran out of yarn. So I called Loopy Yarns in Chicago on the off-off-chance that they might still have some of my yarn. Lo and behold, a miracle! They are sending me a ball of my yarn- same dyelot and everything. I can't even believe it.

Now, to decide what to do with the leftover yarn. Maybe baby booties for my soon-to-be-arriving nephew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home