Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Friday, June 15, 2007

El Salvador

Dear Friends and Family,

As many of you know, I am going to El Salvador with Habitat for Humanity tomorrow. I will be in San Vicente, El Salvador, just east of San Salvador, until next Saturday. Here's a link to Habitat El Salvador: http://www.habitat.org/intl/lac/62.aspx

I am going with a team of 18 people from Toledo. We will spend the week building three houses. I will be in a team of 6 women. We're pretty excited to build a house together.
I will be serving the team as the translator (let's hope my Spanish and my energy is up to the task of translating for that big of a group!).

I ask that you please pray for my team and for me as we work with our Salvadoran brothers and sisters. I also ask your prayers that we will all remain healthy.

Peace,
Abby

(I'm bringing my Kiri Shawl that I've been working on. It's beautiful- and I hope to finish it this week. I'm also bringing dishcloth yarn to make presents there.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home