Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's been too hot to knit

The past few weeks the weather has kept me from knitting in earnest. I finished off my Dulaan items and sent them to Flagstaff, Arizona. I ended up with 3 adult hats, 1 child's hat, and 1 pair of child's socks.

As if the universe knew I was done with my commitment to charity knitting, my colleague Wendy invited me to take part in the knitting of rainbow scarves which will be used at the churchwide assembly in August in Chicago. In a vile twist of fate, the organizers of this project chose nasty acrylic for the scarves. I hate acrylic, but I'm knitting away for the cause, because I believe in it. I'm nearly done with one scarf. I'm using a k2tog, yo pattern which is going diagonally. It's nice and airy, so hopefully no one will smother while wearing a scarf of mine. It is Chicago in August, though, so there is cause to wonder.

I also knit a few rows on the big afghan. I'm midway through ball 9. Only 3 and 1/2 balls to go.

The past couple days we've had storm after storm, and the temp has finally dropped to 65 today. We'll be having soup and I'll be knitting tonight. Woohoo!

In non-knitting news, Will and I have acquired a housemate. Kim is doing CPE here in Toledo, and she and her dog Sophie were seeking a place to stay.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the weather! I hope you don't have any tornadoes. They still frighten my dreams. I'll be in Ohio soon:) Good luck with the knitting.
Peace out,
Katie

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 1:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home